Early Life and CareerEdit
Born in Gainesville, Florida, Cynthia is five minutes younger than her twin sister Brittany. Her parents are Carol and Charlton B Daniel Jr. The two also have an older brother named Brad (born in 1968).[[|]] As children, the girls began modeling and went on to appear in Seventeen and YM. They were Doublemint Twins. Both twins made their television acting debut in the 1980s, in an episode of The New Leave It to Beaver. In 1994, Daniel won the role of Elizabeth Wakefield in the television series Sweet Valley High, based on the book series by Francine Pascal (Twin sister Brittany played Elizabeth's twin, Jessica Wakefield).[[|]] During Sweet Valley High's run, the girls made their film debut in the 1995 drama The Basketball Diaries.
After Sweet Valley High was canceled in 1997, Daniel retired from acting and became a photographer. She has since made only one acting appearance, in a 2002 episode of That 80s Show, which also starred twin sister Brittany.
On September 24, 2008, Daniel's father Charlton B Daniel Jr, died in Gainesville, Florida from cancer. Daniel is married to actor Cole Hauser. The couple has three children. Sons: Ryland (September 2004) and Colt Daniel Hauser (July 10, 2008) and daughter Steely Rose.
|1989||New Leave It to Beaver, TheThe New Leave It to Beaver||Zorigna #2||Episode: "Man's Greatest Achievements"|
|1994–1997||Sweet Valley High||Elizabeth 'Liz' Wakefield||88 episodes|
|1995||Basketball Diaries, TheThe Basketball Diaries||Winkie|
|2002||That 80's Show||Bianca||Episode: "Sophia's Depressed"|
|Year||Award||Result||Category||Film or series|
|1995||Young Artist Award||Won||Best Performance: Young Actress in a TV Comedy Series||Sweet Valley High (Shared with Brittany Daniel)|
- Although she personally played Elizabeth "Liz" Wakefield on the show, Cynthia Daniel is more like Jessica Wakefield--"The Evil One". She was the cheerleader in high school (Not her sister, Brittany) and didn't take school as seriously as her sister did. She is also married with children, where Jessica is also married with one child.
- She still acts in commercials to in her own words, "satisfy that urge to act."
- The actress Amy Danles, who played Enid Rollins the best friend of her character Elizabeth Wakefield (in the books and the show) was her B.F.F. off-camera.
- Cynthia retired from acting after Sweet Valley High ended in 1998.
- Her favorite shows are "Seinfeld" and "My So-Called Life."
- Cynthia appeared in "That 80's Show" as the twin sister of Brittany Daniel's character, Sophia in 2002.
- She still stays personally close to her "Sweet Valley High" co-star JEREMY VINCENT GARRET .